CADILLAC FUNERAL VEHICLE CONVERSION SAFETY GUIDELINES
Cadillac has been supplying the funeral industry with certified chassis to be used as a hearse since 1970. To date Cadillac has approved the Cadillac XT5 heavy duty Chassis to be used in conversions due to their GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating), making the XT5 the ONLY certified chassis by Cadillac. The XT5 also has an elongated wiring harness to be used on the conversion made especially for hearses. The XT6 wiring harness is not long enough for a conversion and has to be cut, voiding Cadillacs commercial warranty. The XT5 meets Cadillacs rigorous safety standard and will be backed up with the Cadillac 6 Year/100,000 mile warranty. Any Cadillac other than the XT5 will not be approved by Cadillac, thus making the buyer liable for any accident that occurs which can put your business in jeopardy. Don’t put your customers at risk with models unequipped to handle additional weight and unapproved safety and braking requirements. For more information, talk to one of our salesman today at 800-229-5008
WHY CHOOSE THE CADILLAC XT5 OVER THE XT6?
- XT5 Cadillac is the ONLY Certified Cadillac Chassis to be used as a hearse by Cadillac.
- XT5 Cadillac has a 6-year, 100,000-mile Professional Vehicle Powertrain Limited Warranty. XT6 Hearse does not.
- XT5 Chassis has non altered wiring harness from Cadillac to meet safety requirements by law for a converted hearse. XT6 Hearse wiring harness is altered by cutting the wires. SEE BELOW
- XT5 Chassis meets the GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) making it the ONLY Cadillac Chassis to pass safety regulations. The XT6 Hearse does not meet the GVW. SEE BELOW
- Cadillac 4-year, 50,000-mile Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty • Eagle/Federal Coach 6-year, 60,000-mile Conversion Warranty
- Platinum Coach Coach 5-year, 60,000-mile Conversion Warranty